Sunday, February 8, 2009

Curvy, Stretchy IK/FK Arm



Ok, so... this is something that has been eating up a fair amount of my time. I was inspired by Horton Hears a Who to build an arm that has a nice curvy ability, and can stretch, and switch between inverse kinematics and forward kinematics.

I wrote a script that automates all the setup. The script just requires the joints. Now, right now, it only works for an arm that is built straight, and parallel to grid, and the character has to be facing in the +Z axis. I know not everyone builds characters like this, but it's the way I do it, so it works for me.

I am by no means an expert at scripting. I pretty much just copy and paste out of the script editor as I do the work, and tweak it.

Quality is pretty poor, so I have uploaded a higher quality one to Youtube


Any comments and suggestions are appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment